“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, ‘Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.’”
― Lewis Carroll
Spring is almost here and, while we are all probably looking forward to longer days and warmer weather, there’s something about slowing down in winter that no doubt will be missed. Maybe we are more creative when we are forced to cozy up inside with a blanket, a cup of tea and a book, or maybe we find joy and inspiration outside walking through wildflowers and tall grass. Whichever your favourite season is, be sure you make the most of it and find ways to stay creative and inspired. Here are 10 prompts to help you get started.
- Write about your favourite season and what makes it so special to you.
- What rituals do you enjoy the most in winter?
- What are your favourite spring activities?
- What do you look forward to when you think of summer?
- Create something inspired by the abundance of spring flowers.
- Create something monochromatic that reminds you of winter.
- What are your favourite memories from last winter?
- What season was your favourite growing up?
- What will you miss about winter?
- What is your favourite sign about the coming of spring?
Check out all our prompts on the Paperblanks app! If you haven’t downloaded it yet, we’ve provided links on the bottom right of this page where you can gain access to hundreds of prompts on varying themes and topics.
And be sure to join us in our People of Paperblanks Facebook group so you can share your work with the rest of the Paperblanks community. We’d love to see what you write or create using these prompts!